Friday, April 16, 2010

A Night With My Favorite Author

I am so excited.  For our wedding anniversary in December, my husband bought us tickets to a David Sedaris reading.  Mr. Sedaris just happens to be my favorite author on the entire planet.  His books consist of hilarious essays recounting his somewhat unusual life experiences.  At the readings, he tells stories, introduces new material, and reads from his books in a way that makes you think that listening to an author read their own material is the only way to go.


I've been anxiously counting down the days until the show, and it's finally here.  Tomorrow night!  I am giddy!

If you haven't read anything by Sedaris, I recommend you start with this.



And follow it up with this.



And to get you in the mood for the holidays, you MUST read this.




Heck, just go buy his entire library.  I promise you will eventually.

1 comments:

Daddy J said...

Glad that your husband could tear himself away from the "glowing box" and take you out for some sophisticated fun. Hope you enjoyed Mr. Sedaris.

And while I totally agree that Me Talk Pretty One Day is a must-read, Holidays on Ice does feature arguably the most popular Sedaris tale with SantaLand Diaries where he recounts his experience as a Macy's elf.

Post a Comment