Friday, April 23, 2010

Book Review: Await Your Reply

I'm totally bummed.  I just finished reading Await Your Reply by Dan Chaon, and it has left me in a bit of a funk.  The book, which deals with the theme of identity theft through a series of three stories running concurrently, is beautifully written and completely and utterly depressing at the same time.


{via}

I don't typically shy away from serious themes, so I dug into this book right away despite its dark plot.  I was captivated immediately and finished the book a few days, but it has left me feeling uneasy.   Chaon has the ability to write so vividly that his sentences leave the reader with haunting images long after the story is over. 

 Perhaps my next two or three reads need to be fluffy and uplifting to counteract some of the darkness I am left with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment