Monday, April 19, 2010

Birthday Wish List

I love birthdays.  There is nothing I enjoy more than throwing a fabulous party, picking out the perfect gifts and wrapping pretty packages, and everything that comes with celebrating my friends and family.  I just don't particularly care for MY birthday.

I tend to get very introspective as I approach the annual milestone, thinking about what I've accomplished and what I haven't, which puts me in a quiet, thoughtful mood rather than the happy, buoyant state characteristic of most birthday celebrants.

This year, though, I've decided to save my introspection for another day and enjoy the celebration of moi.  I'm so thankful for my healthy, happy children, my wonderful husband and fantastic family.  Those are some pretty impressive reasons to celebrate.

And in the spirit of birthday selfishness, I'm drafting my ultimate birthday wish list.  I already have everything I need, most of which are not "things".  But I'm going to dive into the world of materialism and decadance for a few moments.  Endulge me, won't you?

I'd like a pair of Tory Burch flats.  Silver buckle, please.  No gold for me.  Totally posh.



And a new handbag.  I know, I've already waxed poetic about my love of the House of Gucci, so I won't regale you with any further tales.  A picture, after all, is worth a thousand words.



Since I'm on a roll, I would also like the Lauren Moshi bow t-shirt dress.  I heart bows.



And after I'm done opening all of my fabulous gifts as noted above, I'd like to dive into a slice of tres leches birthday cake. 



Okay, I'm done.  Thanks for listening.  Above goodies aside, what I want most is a happy and prosperous 2010.  And we're already off to a good start.

0 comments:

Post a Comment