Thursday, August 5, 2010

Coconut Water

Have you tried coconut water?  I've been hearing lots of buzz about this health drink, extracted from actual coconuts.  It is supposed to be a sweeter version of water, with tons of electrolytes, potassium and other health benefits.  I made the mistake of heading to the grocery store hungry, and therefore prone to impulse buys.  I picked up some coconut water and tried it last night.  Here's what I learned:

1.  I don't like coconuts.
2.  The water has floating, cloudy, coconut bits, which I found ridiculously unappetizing.
3.  The water tasted a bit fishy.
4.  Coconut water is not my favorite.

I will say that after drinking a glass, I felt very hydrated, but slightly nauseous over the taste.  I think I may have to try a different brand.  Have you tried coconut water?  If so, what is your favorite brand?


Ck said... about adding rum and pineapple juice? That sounds VERY healthy... and would make me not notice the little chunks of coconut so much.

Post a Comment