Thursday, August 5, 2010

Coconut Water



{via}
Have you tried coconut water?  I've been hearing lots of buzz about this health drink, extracted from actual coconuts.  It is supposed to be a sweeter version of water, with tons of electrolytes, potassium and other health benefits.  I made the mistake of heading to the grocery store hungry, and therefore prone to impulse buys.  I picked up some coconut water and tried it last night.  Here's what I learned:

1.  I don't like coconuts.
2.  The water has floating, cloudy, coconut bits, which I found ridiculously unappetizing.
3.  The water tasted a bit fishy.
4.  Coconut water is not my favorite.

I will say that after drinking a glass, I felt very hydrated, but slightly nauseous over the taste.  I think I may have to try a different brand.  Have you tried coconut water?  If so, what is your favorite brand?

1 comments:

Ck said...

Hmmmm...how about adding rum and pineapple juice? That sounds VERY healthy... and would make me not notice the little chunks of coconut so much.

Post a Comment