Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Christmas Ornaments

I know, I know.  It's only August, right?  But I just picked up the Hallmark Keepsake Dream Book, and I've been perusing all the lovely little ornaments and thinking about Christmas. 

I tend to prefer ornaments of the handmade, paper clip plus popsicle stick plus pipe cleaner variety, and look forward to the annual tradition of unwrapping them from their crinkly tissue paper-induced hibernation and relishing the memories associated with each one.  My husband, on the other hand, has amassed a three decades-running collection of Hallmark ornaments, and has his own wonderful memories of opening up the glossy treasures.

I want my children to enjoy both the handmade sweetness and the magic of store-bought fun as we continue to make our own traditions.  Here are a couple of my Hallmark favorites:


This one is called Max Sets Sail.  My kids just adore Where The Wild Things Are.

And I adore the mini versions of toys we had as children, a la the Fisher-Price schoolhouse.  So sweet.

Have you perused the dreambook yet?

0 comments:

Post a Comment