Friday, March 12, 2010

New York City

Famous Since Yesterday has been very quiet lately, as I've been on vacation.  My husband and I just returned from a lovely weekend in New York City.  There are no words to accurately describe how amazing NYC is.  The architecture, the energy, the people...it's absolutely perfect.


My favorite part of this particular trip was our visit to The Met.   I spent hours visiting my favorite artists, including Wassily Kandinsky, Paul Klee, Alexander Calder, and David Hockey, who painted this beauty, Large Interior Los Angeles.

I've been to New York City too many times to count, but each time I visit the city feels fresh and new.  Showing the city to my husband and enjoying some of the typical the tourist destinations was so much more fun than I could have ever imagined.

My Top 10 NYC moments from our trip:
1. The Met
2.  Soup Dumplings and Rice Cakes at Joe's Shanghai
3.  Strolling through Central Park on a beautiful, sunny day
4.  Macarons at La Maison du Chocolat
5.  The view from the Empire State Building
6.  Shopping in the Village
7.  Sampling local cuisine from the street vendors
8.  People watching in Times Square
9.  Window shopping on 5th Avenue
10. Brunch at Bar Americain

Our trip was a whirlwind, but it left me feeling completely invigorated.  My husband and I are already talking about our next visit to the Big Apple.  What are your favorite things to do in Manhattan?
{image via}

0 comments:

Post a Comment