Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Teacher Appreciation Week

Happy Teacher Appreciation Week! For all of the teachers out there, thank you for everything you do. You are truly unsung heroes and make such a difference in the lives of children.


Today is teacher appreciation day at my childrens’ school, so I woke up at 5 am to bake them these awesome treats. The recipe comes from the Pioneer Woman’s web site (she happens to be one of my favorite bloggers out there). These decadent goodies have become my new go-to for brunches, parties and general impress-your-houseguests sort of delights.

I picked up some gerbera daisies, lilies and other assorted flowers and made bouquets that the kids could give to their teachers. My little Dash was so excited to present his teacher with her flowers that he skipped giddily into school instead of his usual Charlie Brown-esque head down swagger.  Princess Remy was not quite as excited to share her flowers, but did try to take a bite out of them.  All in a day's work.

Thanks teachers!  Enjoy your special week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment