Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Homemade Life

I just finished reading another recipe-filled memoir (my newest literary obsession), this one by the fabulously talented Molly Wizenberg of Orangette.  Her book, A Homemade Life, is a blogger's inspiration.   When I stumbled upon it while perusing the shelves at Borders, I immediately had to take it home and dive in.



As a blogger who also has a full-time gig completely unrelated to my domestic ramblings, I often struggle with sharing enough personal information to give my writing meaning and revealing myself completely, flaws and all.  Wizenberg is refreshingly open and forthcoming as she beautifully articulates her love for her late father, chronicles meeting her husband, and shares everything in between while feathering in simple, delicious recipes that flow brilliantly through the story of her life.

I loved the book and am working my way through the amazing recipes, starting with the chocolate banana bread with crystallized ginger.  Yep, it tastes as good as it sounds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment