Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy, Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and caregivers out there.  Motherhood, no matter what form it comes in, is the toughest, most rewarding job in the world.

I was lucky enough to be able to celebrate with my mom this weekend, who happens to not only be an amazing mom, but the coolest Grandma around.  She also has this ridiculous ability to design or create just about anything, including art, poetry, floral arrangements...the list goes on and on.  Her talents have inspired me to try my hand at floral arranging and planting over the last few years, projects which used to intimidate me but now I very much enjoy.




For my Mother-In-Law, I put together this pink and orange bouquet using a few stems purchased at our local grocery store's mix and match floral section.  I was thrilled to find one lonely stem of peonies (it's early May, and who sells peonies for $4?  total score).  Paired with some orange tulips and berries, and a few lillies, I put this arrangement together for around $15.  Unfortunately it was after midnight when I took the photo, and my sorely lacking camera skills hardly do it justice.  But I digress...


My husband and I picked out a few of our favorite annuals and filled up this lovely planter for his Grandma to put on her front steps.  Again, the subpar camerawork doesn't show you to gorgeous multi-hued dahlias, bright, fuzzy celosia, and bubble gum pink gerbera daisies, but Gramsie loved it.

As Mother's Day winds to a close, I am left thinking how very lucky I am to have such a fantastic mom to learn from, and two spectacular, hilarious, sweet and sometimes mischevious children to allow me to earn the mommy title myself.  So very lucky.

0 comments:

Post a Comment