Friday, February 12, 2010

Last Minute Valentine's Day Ideas

Valentine's Day is almost here. For those of you who need some last-minute ideas, here are a few I've put together. Enjoy!

Last year my husband surprised me by inscribing our initials (J heart D) in the snow-covered backyard. How cute was this? 

With the ridiculous amount of snow covering this country this week, some version of this should be totally doable, though actually finding the grass may prove difficult.

If you're into baking, or even if you're not, I have a super easy recipe that's perfect for Valentine's Day.  You could whip up some of the latest sweet trend, Whoopie Pies.



I made these using a box of red velvet cake mix, three eggs and ½ cup each of water and vegetable oil. Dropped them in rounded spoonfuls and baked at 375 for about 12 minutes.

For the filling, I mixed 1.5 cups confectioner’s sugar, 4 oz cream cheese, 1 stick of softened butter and 1 cup of marshmallow fluff. Once the pie tops and bottoms cooled, I spread the filling between them. Simple and tasty!

Do you need last minute valentines for your kids or their friends? Check out these sweet printable finger puppets by Etsy seller Scenerie.



Think pink with these fabulous new hot pink Ugg boots.  I love that Ugg has introduced bright, bold colors including pink, blue and green.  Warm, soft and cozy, these would make a perfect Valentine's Day gift (for me).



Have a sweet and happy weekend with those you love!

xoxo,

d


0 comments:

Post a Comment