Thursday, February 25, 2010

Book Review: Food Rules

This book review seems a bit hypocritical, as I recently wrote a post declaring my love of FRIED JELLY DONUTS. However, am a big fan of Michael Pollan’s writing, and am thoroughly enjoying his latest book, Food Rules: An Eater's Manual.



This lightweight little tome is a lightning fast read, filled with simple, practical advice on how to eat for your health and longevity. Pollan makes points that we sometimes need to be reminded of, like the importance of avoiding processed foods and the art of grocery shopping.

As a working mom who never feels like I have enough time to devote to my kids, one thing I feel very strongly about is feeding them balanced, healthy foods. Good food makes for happy, healthy, energetic kids and has made an amazing difference in our household.

Food Rules is brilliant in its simplicity, and reaffirms the benefits of good eating habits, while still advocating the importance of special treats on occasion.  Mr. Pollan, I didn't see a rule involving jelly donuts.  Thoughts?

1 comments:

David belton said...

123.hp.com/oj5232

Post a Comment